Monday 30 May 2011

An open letter to Ruth Patterson

Dear Ruth Patterson,

Having voted for you in the recent assembly and council elections can I first congratulate you on being appointed Deputy Mayor of my home city of Belfast. I voted for you to the chagrin of the person responsible for delivering my proxy vote because I support the increased profiling of female politicians, particularly in the DUP.

It is disappointing to hear therefore that you were unwilling to acknowledge my friend Niall 0 Donnghaile following your joint appointment to the offices of Lord Mayor and Deputy Lord Mayor. I do not consider such attitudes as being conducive to the cohesive, integrated and shared society that the DUP and other political parties purport to be building.

I would be grateful if you could explain your position, and give consideration to taking actions that would lead to a more exemplary outward perspective of the leadership emanating from Belfast City Council.

yours faithfully

Angus Lambkin

1 comment: