Thursday 28 April 2011

on living below the line

So I follow charities, I am interested in what they do and how they work. I also tend to do the easy things that are suggest. I sign petitions, send the odd email and even make the occasional donation. When the campaign to 'live below the line' came along, I thought I would sign up without looking into it too much. Essentially it asks people to live on no more food than can be bought for $1.50 a day for five days. 



I am going to give this a go, largely because I nearly do live on a $1.50 a day at the minute. Lunch costs me a dollar here in Vietnam, breakfast 25 cents and a bit of creativity will surely get me through to breakfast the next day.  I do this because I want my money for other things and not out of necessity so it's all too easy.


But I figure I will use my onlineness to generate a bit of attention for the campaign and of course for me. Afterall it is a good cause and 'Giving is good, as long as your'e getting'.

No comments:

Post a Comment